How gardening makes you happy . Step 2 Girl power.


GIRL POWER.

I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want,
So tell me what you want, what you really really want,
I WANNE (HA), I WANNE (HA), I WANNE (HA), I WANNE (HA)
I wanna really really really wanna zigazig HA.

Do you remember this Spice Girls song? The way you were walking with your spindly body on those tower high Spice Girls shoes? What you felt like whenever you sang that song? With lots of attitude:  I wanne (ha), I wanne (ha), I wanne (ha), I wanne (ha)
In the 'I WANNE (HA)' is the power of GIRL POWER! THAT is exactly the feeling we need once we start gardening. Gardening, you can do it!

Hetty, is it not too cold for gardening in February? NO my dear girls! As long as there is no frost in the ground, gardening is just fine and I promise you, the cold will quickly be forgotten. Because this month we are going to dig the soil.

I know, digging does not seem a HAPPY thing to do. But digging is good to VENT OF. Whilst digging, think about that annoying manager who is always bothering you. Or maybe you are a manager yourself and you are being annoyed by your staff that simply does not EVER seems to understand what you are trying to achieve. Trust me next day when you start working, you will feel REBORN!

And then you know GARDENING indeed makes you HAPPY.

LET'S START.

Step 1. Buy a pair of gardening gloves. It would be a shame to sacrifice your beautiful nails for gardening. NEVER work without gloves. And that nagging sound “I cannot work with gloves” stops right now. Have you ever heard a surgeon complaining?

Never work without garden gloves.
Step 2. Buy a spading fork. (I show you a picture). If you do not want to spend a whole lot of money buy one at the recycle shop. A spading fork works much lighter than a spade. So you leave some GIRL POWER over for your friend.

Left a spade, right a spitting fork.
If you do not want to spend a whole lot of money buy one at the recycle shop. 

Step 3. PUT YOUR PHONE ON AIRPLANE MODE AND PUT IT FAR AWAY. If you are digging, it is just IMPOSSIBLE to app, face time or chat. I know from my own experience. Either the gloves or the soil on your fingers makes it impossible to control your phone. And long before you pulled out your gloves your caller has hung up anyway. YOU CAN DO ONE HOUR WITHOUT! Let your thoughts RUN FREE.

Do not bother too much about the technique. Don't forget to remove the weeds!

Look what I found in the soil! This will bring me luck.



Step 3. DIG! Dig your spading fork in the soil and turn the ground. Give the loose clods a hefty blow. DIG! Think of the manager, the staff, think of your date that did not show up. DIG! DIG out! Your anger, your sadness, your frustration! Sing the song of the Spice Girls. You do remember the words by heart, don’t you?

I wanna really really really wanna ZIGAZIGHA.

ZIGAZIGHA?

Whatever that may be? GARDENING maybe?

Post your garden on Instagram or FB! Share your experience with your friends. Tell me. Because I really want to know, did you feel HAPPY?

March 6 is the next item 'Gardening makes you happy. Step 3'

Follow this blog? Do not miss a thing and sign up to 'Follow by Email (Left indicated) You will automatically receive a mail in your email box.

Finally, I would like to thank everyone who has shared my previous post on FB. Such a huge range, it has spread LOTS of garden happiness.

Read again how gardening makes you happy step 1.





Comments

  1. Yes, yes, yes - Girl Power! Perfect, thats what I need!!
    LOVE
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Digging is good, it makes me feel my body works. Garden work may be hard, but int demands my full attention. All worries are gone...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Hetty,
    what a nice post!I would love to dig in my garden, but the ground is still frozen in my garden in Vienna. We have an unusually cold winter this year and I can´t wait for the temperatures to rise and spring to come.
    Best wishes,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment