Wollerton. In an English country garden.


Tra la la la la la la
Tra la la la la la la
In an English country garden.....

All week this song, of which I do know the tune but not the words, has been singing along in my head. I just got back from a garden trip to England. My visit included Wollerton Old Hall Garden. (wollertonoldhallgarden.com Shropshire)

The very moment I entered this garden the song started singing in my head. Was it because of the abundant sunshine, the clipped hedges or the beautiful flowers that triggered this song? I don’t know, but I felt just as rejoiced as the melody.

The colour combinations of the perennials were mouth watering. The old weathered wood of the benches and pergola were in harmony with the surrounding buildings. Despite the crowds in the garden I was able to take some pictures without people on it.

To me it was the most beautiful garden of the garden trip. A garden to dream of.

I am humming a little more of the song:

Tra la la la la la la
Tra la la la la la la
In an English country garden!





The entrance


Pergola with beautiful clematis.




Exuberant  colours.


To have a gate like that.....


Quiet white colour.  Look at the paving.


Perfect clipped yew.


Just green.


Hot border.


Dahlia's


Sit on the bench and dream.


And a cake.... in an English country garden!

New followers a warm welcome.

I link up with:



Comments

  1. Dear Hetty, this looks like a wonderful English Garden! Lucky you, that you got a chance to visit it. Besides the garden I love the architecture of the house and the weathered wood of the bench and the pergola, which really adds to the charm of the garden. I think this is another English garden that needs to get on my "must see list" :-)!
    Oh, and not to forget the cake in your last photo is absolutely mouthwatering. Hope you got to spoil yourself with a piece of it.
    All I can think right now is that I want to visit England again as soon as possible.
    Thanks for this lovely post!
    Warm regards,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love English gardens - these are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous garden - wonderful!
    Thank you for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/08/cats-consumate-contortionists.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really beautiful English garden, Hetty! Thanks for sharing!
    Best wishes,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment