Buying on impulse.


On the grounds of the beautiful Beervelde estate in Belgium twice a year a large garden event is being held. This estate is located at Lochristi and is a one-hour drive by car from where I live. Every autumn I go there to buy plants. This autumn I went together with a girlfriend.

The weather is nice and the atmosphere is friendly. At this event the Beervelde estate is surrounded by a lot of stands with beautiful plants, bulbs, seeds, tools and antiques.

This year I do not have many items on my list. I thought, I will let me be surprised! A dangerous combination; no plans at all and money in my pocket. That feels like IMPULSE buying coming up! My friend buys many plants, but for me there is nothing in particular to use. Until we reach a stand of terracotta pots ......

I fall in love with a terracotta pot in the shape of a rectangular basket. This Italian pot is handmade in Impruneta (near Florence). Alas, there is an impressive price tag on it!

So we walk along the show. However all the time I am thinking about the basket. In fact I have already decided. Well, if I do not buy too many plants .........

As you might have guessed the basket ended on my garden table and it looks as if it was meant to be there.

I am still fantasizing what to plant in this impulse buy. But can you imagine this basket filled with light blue crocuses?


Buying on impulse. I love it!



My impuls-buy.


Another pot more contemporary style.


Hot colours.


Beautiful prairie plants.


Also hot! It says Keep calm end enjoy the fire. 




Many roses.


Lunch time. In Belgium gardeners drink champagne! 


The weather is lovely.


Vegetables.


Look at the colours.


Antiques.


Inspiring garden shed....


....decorated with flowers.


Seeds. What to buy?


On the garden table. I have already planted some crocuses in my pot.

Thanks for hosting



Comments

  1. Dear Hetty, impluse buys are sometimes the best and in your case that is truly the case. What a beautiful terracotta container and since it is of high quality you will have it for many year to enjoy. I like your idea of putting blue crocuses in it. It will look stunning!
    The event location is spectacular and everything seems to be so well set up. I am surprised that you could hold yourself back and not buying tons of plants. I like that in Belgium gardeners are celebrating life by drinking champagne :-)!
    Warm regards,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for impulse shopping! I am so envious of all the plant events you have near you, although I suppose it would be very dangerous for me! On Saturday, I was in Aranjuez and visited a garden center, where I finally found white salvia greggii, variegated thulbaghia and gaura. All of them are fairly common plants, but so hard to find here! Lots of impulse, but no champagne, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh so beautiful pictures and place you have been one. Just lovley!

    Have a nice weekend! Best regards Ewa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely place.
    Have a nice weekend!
    Marika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very lovely photos. It looks like a pretty place to visit. So much too see. Love your new pot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos! The hot colors are so beautiful.
    Have a nice weekend
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. He-he. Plant and antiques shopping in beautiful surroundings are hard to beat! A wonderful place :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment