Geraniums, the hippies of my garden.




In the rear garden geraniums are in bloom continuously through from May. Today I cut them back to the ground. Cutting them back today , will result in beautiful green foliage and compact growth in a few weeks from now. At this moment the border looks bare, but soon you'll be seeing nothing of this anymore.

In the beginning I have planted Geranium oxonianum 'Rose Clair', with pale pink flowers. In addition to that I have planted Geranium versicolor, also pink, but with dark veins in the petals. And then they fell in love ...

It seems that they have led a dissolute life in the rear garden, because when I threw the cutted flowers on the trailer I saw a wide variety of flowers. From light to dark pink, large and small flowers and with and without dark veins in the petals.

From this point of view, you could say that these geraniums are the hippies amongst the garden plants. They like free love!

Only Geranium 'Summer Skies' I cannot catch to this licentiousness. The plant is sterile. However beautiful double flowers, lavender. So desirable!

Geraniums, the hippies in my garden. A border full of flower power!




      
Bouquet full of flower power


Geranium oxonianum 'Rose Clair'

Geranium versicolor

Geranium 'Summer Skies'

Border before

Border after.

Comments